CITY OF MANASSAS PARK JOB OPPORTUNITY
Chief Logistics & Procurement Manager
Manassas Park is an independent jurisdiction in Northern Virginia, approximately 30 miles southwest of Washington, DC. The city borders Prince William County and the City of Manassas. Manassas Park offers citizens an established community along with the prospects of significant future residential and commercial development. The desirable living features such as neighborliness and community pride in a small, progressive city environment add to the city’s charm.
The City of Manassas Park is accepting applications for the position of Chief Logistics & Procurement Manager. The essential function of the position is to provide the necessary administrative effort in helping plan, organize, and implement all City-wide purchases, contracts, and logistics in support of the City’s approved American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) procurement strategy, as well as other related work as assigned. This position will report directly to the Assistant City Manager for Administration, in addition to taskings and overall guidance from the City Manager.
All positions at the City of Manassas Park require a customer service mindset, in accordance with the Customer Service related focus of the city.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist City Departments with developing RFPs and sourcing vendors for all American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) related procurement.
- Assist City Departments with negotiating and preparing contracts for City Attorney review for all ARPA procurement.
- Assist the ARPA Finance Compliance Officer with tracking ARPA expenditures involving contracted services or procured assets.
- Review all City RFPs and will assist with sourcing vendors for all City procurement above $25K.
- Assist City Departments with negotiating and preparing contracts for City Attorney review for all City procurement.
- Oversee ARPA Facility and Fleet related projects.
- Coordinate with other procurement and general services departments at the Federal, State, and Local levels for best practices and potential rideable contracts.
- Support the City Manager, City Attorney, and Governing Body with drafting procurement contracts for the City of Manassas Park.
- Support the City Manager & Assistant to the City Manager for Operations with responding to Governing Body requests for information related to City Procurement contracts.
- Manage the City’s Fleet Procurement program.
- May eventually take operational command of City Facilities and Fleet Divisions, with administrative and technical support from the Community Development Department, where these divisions are housed.
- Work with all City Departmental Administrative Managers and Deputy Directors to ensure regular inventorying of all City Assets and Supplies.
- Source vendors and manage centralized procurement of City supplies and furniture.
- Manage the City’s Public Surplus program.
- Develop RFP for third Party Contractor to develop a full Asset Management Inventory, Lifecycle, and Plan for the City and oversee the project planning and implementation of deliverables-incorporated the plan into the City’s Operating and Capital Budgets.
- Develop and manage City’s Solar Energy (for public facilities) and Electric Charging Stations (for future City Fleet) Programs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and legal requirements of government purchasing.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and legal requirements of government contracts.
- Knowledge of financial software.
- Knowledge of managing inventory and asset management.
- Knowledge of Project Management.
- Ability to oversee centralized Facility, Fleet, and Supply Programs.
- Ability to supervise and participate in the preparation of commodity specifications, purchase schedules, vendors’ lists, analysis of bids, and other purchasing functions.
- Ability to analyze the needs of the various departments and to develop purchasing programs and techniques to provide effective service to them.
- Ability to plan, assign, supervise and coordinate the work of clerical and technical staff.
Minimum Education, Training, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related professional field and/or 5+ years progressively responsible experience in the centralized purchasing of materials, supplies and equipment.
- Prior military experience as a Supply or Logistics Officer considered a plus.
- Certified Professional Public Buyer; Public Procurement Officer; or Professional Contract Manager.
- Experience with the Commonwealth of Virginia’s e-VA Procurement Marketplace considered a plus.
The City of Manassas Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Manassas Park will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
- Tasks require the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, but which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (5-10 pounds). Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or work station.
- Some tasks require the ability to perceive and discriminate colors or shades of colors, sounds, depth, texture, and visual cues or signals. Some tasks require the ability to communicate orally.
Authorized hiring range: $80,000.00 - $105,000.00
If you are interested in becoming a member of our team, you must complete an application form and submit it to the City of Manassas Park, Human Resources Department, One Park Center Court, Manassas Park, VA 20111 or fax/email: 703-335-1405 / firstname.lastname@example.org
You may obtain an employment application by going to the following link: http://cityofmanassaspark.us/about-manassas-park/city-departments/human-resources/application-forms-and-addendums.html
This position will remain open until filled.
The City of Manassas Park is committed to ensuring diversity in its workplace, and candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.