Section 25-8, Code of the City of Manassas Park
(a) Generally. Any person who is connected or who shall hereafter connect the water and sewerage facilities of any premises to the water and sewerage systems of the City of Manassas Park shall pay or cause to be paid the sums hereinafter provided for the availability of and connection to such systems. The availability fee shall be reserved and restricted for the City of Manassas Park's Water and Sewer (Enterprise) Capital Fund usage.
(b) Residential uses. The availability fee for connecting to the water and sewer systems of the City of Manassas Park for each equivalent residential dwelling unit within and outside the City of Manassas Park with standard, five-eighths () inch meter shall be fourteen thousand, three hundred dollars ($14,300.00). The total availability fee shall consist of sixty-four (64) per cent of the availability fee for sewer connection and thirty-six (36) per cent of the availability fee for water connection. Any variance shall require separate approval of the governing body.
For the purpose of this section, the following shall constitute an equivalent residential dwelling unit:
(1) Each single-family attached or detached house.
(2) Each unit in a two-family or townhouse development, whether owned or rented.
(3) Each sixteen (16) pupils in a school building.
(4) Each trailer space in a trailer court.
(5) Each equivalent residential dwelling unit of multifamily dwelling units.
For the purpose of this section, each one-bedroom multifamily dwelling unit shall constitute 0.60 equivalent residential dwelling unit, each two-bedroom multifamily dwelling unit shall constitute 0.64 equivalent residential dwelling unit and each multifamily dwelling unit containing three (3) or more bedrooms shall constitute 1.0 equivalent residential dwelling unit.
For the purpose of this section, the term multifamily dwelling unit shall mean a single dwelling unit within a multifamily dwelling, whether rented or owned and shall not include townhouses.
(c) All other uses. There are hereby established the following availability fees for connecting to water and sewer systems of the City of Manassas Park for all other uses on the basis of the greater of: (i) the amount based on the number of fixture units as shown in paragraphs (d) and (e) below or (ii) the amount based on the size of the required water meter, as shown in paragraph (f) below.
(d) Availability fee based on fixture units. The availability fees shall be calculated based on the number of fixtures units, as shown below:
(1) For each fixture unit (including roughed-in fixture units) three hundred dollars ($300.00); however,
(2) The fixture unit count for uses discharging continuously or semicontinuously to a drainage system
leading to the systems of the city shall be increased by two (2) fixture units for each gallon per minute of such continuous or semicontinuous discharge. The rate of such discharge shall be deemed to be that rate certified by the manufacturer of the fixture, or such rates as the city manager or his designee shall determine;
(3) A minimum charge of fourteen thousand, three hundred dollars ($14,300.00) shall be effective
February 19, 2008, per premises.
(e) Fixture units. For the purposes of this section, the following fixture units shall apply:
(1) Automatic clothes washer (2-inch standpipe)—3 units.
(2) Bathroom group consisting of water closet, lavatory and bathtub or shower stall:
a. Flushometer valve closet—8 units.
b. Tank type closet—6 units.
(3) Bathtub (with or without overhead shower)—2 units.
(4) Combination sink and tray with food disposal unit—2 units.
(5) Combination sink and tray with 1½-inch trap—2 units.
(6) Combination sink and tray with separate 1½-inch traps—3 units.
(7) Dental unit or cuspidor—1 unit.
(8) Dental lavatory—1 unit.
(9) Drinking fountain— ½ unit.
(10) Dishwasher, domestic—2 units.
(11) Floor drains with 2-inch waste—2 units.
12) Kitchen sink, domestic, with one 1½-inch waste—2 units.
(13) Kitchen sink, domestic, with food waste grinder—2 units.
(14) Lavatory with ¼-inch waste—1 unit.
(15) Laundry tray (one (1) or two (2) compartments)—2 units.
(16) Shower stall, domestic—2 units.
(17) Showers (group) per head—2 units.
a. Surgeon's—3 units.
b. Flushing rim (with valve)—6 units.
c. Service (trap standard)—3 units.
d. Service (P trap)—2 units.
e. Pot, scullery, etc.—4 units.
(19) Urinal, pedestal, syphon jet blowout—6 units.
(20) Urinal, wall lip—4 units.
(21) Urinal, stall, washout—4 units.
(22) Urinal trough (each 6-foot section)—2 units.
(23) Wash sink (circular or multiple) each set of faucets—2 units.
(24) Water closet, tank-operated—4 units.
(25) Water closet, valve-operated—6 units.
(26) Fixture drain or trap size:
a. 1¼-inch and smaller—1 unit.
b. 1½-inch—2 units.
c. 2-inch—3 units.
d. 2½-inch—4 units.
e. 3-inch—5 units.
f. 4-inch—6 units.
(f) Availability fee based on water meter size. The availability fees shall be calculated based on the size of the required water meter, as shown below. The total availability fee shall consist of sixty-four (64) per cent of the fee for sewer connection and thirty-six (36) per cent of the availability fee for water.
(Code 1975, § 29-1; Ord. No. 72-1700-49, 6-20-72; Ord. No. 77-1700-112, § 1, 11-1-77; Ord. No. 79-1700-145, 11-6-79; Ord. No. 80-1700-170, 12-2-80; Ord. No. 86-1700-337, 6-3-86; Ord. No. 90-1700-411, 1-16-90; Ord. No. 92-1700-459, 4-21-92; Ord. No. 97-1700-571, 10-7-97; Ord. No. 97-1700-575, 12-16-97; 99-1700-605, § 1, 6-15-99; 99-1700-607, § 1, 6-1-99; Ord. No. 01-1700-643, § 1, 1-16-01; Ord. No. 01-1700-672, § 1, 7-3-01; Ord. No. 08-1700-846, 3-4-08)