CITY OF MANASSAS PARK JOB OPPORTUNITY
Housing Program Coordinator
Manassas Park is an independent jurisdiction in Northern Virginia, approximately 30 miles southwest of Washington, DC. The city borders Prince William County and the City of Manassas. Manassas Park offers citizens an established community along with the prospects of significant future residential and commercial development. The desirable living features such as neighborliness and community pride in a small, progressive city environment add to the city’s charm.
The City of Manassas Park is accepting applications for the position of Housing Program Coordinator. The essential function of the position is tasked to provide comprehensive management of the City’s housing strategy to include developing the City’s Affordable Housing Strategy as well as the management of all Housing and Utility relief programs administered from COVID-19 and the American Rescue Act (ARPA) to support our residents in obtaining access of all rent, mortgage, eviction support, utilities support, and home internet access support, requiring the need to develop and manage internal budgeting support of these initiatives. This position will report directly to the Assistant City Manager for Administration, as well as taskings and overall guidance from the City Manager.
All positions at the City of Manassas Park require a customer service mindset, in accordance with the Customer Service related focus of the city.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
In addition to the above-described duties, other expectations of this position include:
- Conduct outreach and analysis to identify residents behind on rent, mortgage, and utility payments.
- Assist residents with applying for State Coronavirus Relief Funds designated for housing support.
- Liaison with the Virginia Department of Housing to assist our residents with information and resources.
- Liaison with the Prince William County Housing Department to identify how their programs can benefit our City residents and connect our residents to these programs. This includes applying for CDBG funds from the County to reinvest in our community and home repair assistance programs.
- Conduct outreach and analysis to identify residents who do not have home internet access and develop an ARPA funded program to assist them in securing internet access.
- Coordinate with regional partners, such as Virginia Housing and other non-profits providing housing support to our residents, to maximize our residents access to housing programs such as Amazon’s REACH program.
- Advise the City Manager and Governing Body on housing issues and policies for the City of Manassas Park.
- Work closely with the Department of Social Services, Public Health Coordinator, and Mental Health Coordinator, to provide a holistic Health and Human Services Portfolio and Strategy for our City.
- Provide support to the Development Services Division (zoning/code enforcement) for assisting residents with home repair.
- Recommends program changes to new or revised programs systems, procedures, policies, and methods of operation related to housing.
- Provides day-to-day supervision of the various housing projects.
- Prepares and presents reports on matters related to federal, state, local, private, non-profit housing initiatives.
- Prepares and delivers presentations on all City housing projects and proposals, responding to specific questions in dealings with all local and regional jurisdictions, commissions, federal and state agencies, and the public.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Advanced knowledge of applicable federal, state and local regulations related to housing.
- Advanced knowledge of the theories, concepts, principles and practices of the housing development process, housing and real estate finance, or services for low-income persons.
- Experience researching and analyzing funding sources for all housing related programs and initiatives to include state and federal grant writing.
- Ability to understand, interpret, explain, and apply applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Ability to manage diversified and complex housing related projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal, written and graphic forms.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with public officials, citizen groups, and community residents.
- Ability to research, collect and analyze data and information.
- Ability to lead multiple projects from concept through implementation.
- Ability to coordinate project participants from multiple organizations, motivating them toward project completion.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports.
Minimum Education, Training, and Exercise
- Bachelor’s degree in Sociology, Psychology, Public or Business Administration, or a related field.
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of experience in the fields of Housing or Housing Services, specifically in local government is preferred; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
The City of Manassas Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Manassas Park will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
- Tasks require the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, but which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (5-10 pounds). Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or work station.
- Some tasks require the ability to perceive and discriminate colors or shades of colors, sounds, depth, texture, and visual cues or signals. Some tasks require the ability to communicate orally.
Authorized hiring range: $60,000.00 - $95,000.00
If you are interested in becoming a member of our team, you must complete an application form and submit it to the City of Manassas Park, Human Resources Department, One Park Center Court, Manassas Park, VA 20111 or fax/email: 703-335-1405 / email@example.com
You may obtain an employment application by going to the following link: http://cityofmanassaspark.us/about-manassas-park/city-departments/human-resources/application-forms-and-addendums.html
This position will remain open until filled.
The City of Manassas Park is committed to ensuring diversity in its workplace, and candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.