CITY OF MANASSAS PARK JOB OPPORTUNITY
Grant / Financial Reporting & Compliance Manager
Manassas Park is an independent jurisdiction in Northern Virginia, approximately 30 miles southwest of Washington, DC. The city borders Prince William County and the City of Manassas. Manassas Park offers citizens an established community along with the prospects of significant future residential and commercial development. The desirable living features such as neighborliness and community pride in a small, progressive city environment add to the city’s charm.
The City of Manassas Park is accepting applications for the position of Grant / Financial Reporting & Compliance Manager within the Department of Finance. The essential function of the position is to manage the $21M+ American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funding received under the Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Fund Non-Entitlement Unit (NEU) and the U.S. Department of Treasury, additional ARPA related funding from the Commonwealth of Virginia, and any other Federal/State Grants that the City receives. This position will perform all necessary accounting and compliance reporting, monthly reviews of relevant accounts (revenues and expenditures) and trend analysis, reconciliations, recommendations for process improvement as necessary, receipt management, and payment processing to City vendors (for purchases using these Federal and State funds). This position works under the general and direct supervision of the Director of Finance / CFO within established policies, procedures, guidelines, and timelines. May perform ancillary reception duties for City business.
All positions at the City of Manassas Park require a customer service mindset, in accordance with the Customer Service related focus of the city.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Administration & Operations
- Maintains the City’s financial records in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and ensures compliance with the requirements of the Governmental Accounting Standards Board.
- Performs analytical reviews and account reconciliations; maintains and completes the State and Treasury mandated expenditure report and other grant management reports in accordance with the reporting guidelines and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Manages monthly expenditure/expense reports to ensure completeness and accuracy as to coding and balances. This includes month-end review and posting of journal entries.
- Responsible for compliance and reporting of the Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds per eligible and restricted uses of the award funds as contained in the Treasury Interim Final Rule, and any subsequent final rule.
- Performs due diligence and reviews of account balances; monitors internal controls and ensure compliance and reliable financial data, and meets the statutory responsibilities of financial operations.
- Tracks and monitors ARPA expenditures, projects and related funding.
- Identifies, researches, logs, documents, and works with the Director of Finance to resolve any financial issues.
- Assists with the coordination of the annual audit and preparation of audit information requests.
- Provides administrative analysis, post award services, and oversight to ensure compliance with grant requirements; serves as a resource and point of contact for finance staff and managers of grant funded programs.
- Performs accounting and reporting functions as assigned.
- Supports the preparation and maintenance of various financial reports, budget documents, reports and statements.
- Ensures compliance with all established standards, polices and procedures as well as the City’s codes and ordinances.
- Ensures compliance with the U.S. Department of the Treasury’s expectations and recommended best practices where appropriate under the SLFRF Program. This includes i) Key principles, ii) Statutory Eligible Uses, iii) Treasury’s Rulemaking, iv) Uniform guidance (2 CFR Part 200), and v) Award Terms and Conditions.
- Ensure timely submission of information on the reporting requirements for the SLFRF program. This includes i) Interim Report, ii) Project and Expenditure Report, iii) Recovery Plan Performance Report, and iv) any additionally required information.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Compiles, examines, or evaluates data or information and recommends any necessary actions.
- Possess a working knowledge of procurement to payment for local government with the expertise in accounts payable and IRS knowledge pertaining to employee reimbursement and 1099’s.
- Knowledge of governmental accounting, grant management accounting and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Possess excellent analytical, Excel, MS query, statistical analysis and data management skills.
- Working experience with local government financial softwares (Keystone, Munis/Tyler, SAP, etc.).
- Assists with the coordination of year-end audit and compilation of annual financial reporting.
- Reviews and maintains general ledgers for governmental funds and enterprise funds.
- Develops and documents policies and procedures.
- Supports accounting and budget schedule preparation and updates.
- Handles equipment or work aids involving moderate latitude for judgment regarding attainment of custom applications; printers; complex copiers including scanners; keyboards, facsimile machines; and other similar equipment.
- Thorough knowledge of modern office management practices, procedures and equipment as applied to the development of maintenance of the accounting system; ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with other employees, City officials, and external customers/agencies.
- Requires some responsibility for safety and health of others and/or occasional enforcement of the standards of public safety or health.
- Capable of conducting research and collecting documentation independently; ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet deadlines; and ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and familiarity with, the theory, methods, and principles of fiscal management, as well as the federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and requirements that govern grants administration.
- Ability to explain relevant issues and train other staff members.
Minimum Education and Training
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Four years of work experience in project management, compliance, financial research and analysis, reconciliation, vendor purchasing/procurement and payments.
- Strong focus on compliance under the Single Audit Act and its implementation regulation of the uniform guidance at 2 CFR Part 200, Subpart F regarding audit requirements, experience in preparing a schedule of expenditures of federal awards, governmental accounting, reporting and financial analysis.
- Experience managing federal and/or state grants and reporting requirements preferred.
The City of Manassas Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Manassas Park will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
- Requires sedentary work involving standing or walking for brief periods, and some dexterity in operating office equipment.
- The position requires normal visual acuity and field of vision, hearing, speaking, and color perception.
Authorized hiring range: $60,000.00 - $95,000.00
If you are interested in becoming a member of our team, you must complete an application form and submit it to the City of Manassas Park, Human Resources Department, One Park Center Court, Manassas Park, VA 20111 or fax/email: 703-335-1405 / firstname.lastname@example.org
You may obtain an employment application by going to the following link: http://cityofmanassaspark.us/about-manassas-park/city-departments/human-resources/application-forms-and-addendums.html
This position will remain open until filled.
The City of Manassas Park is committed to ensuring diversity in its workplace, and candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.