CITY OF MANASSAS PARK JOB OPPORTUNITY
Customer Service Representative
Manassas Park is an independent jurisdiction in Northern Virginia, approximately 30 miles southwest of Washington, DC. The city borders Prince William County and the City of Manassas. Manassas Park offers citizens an established community along with the prospects of significant future residential and commercial development. The desirable living features such as neighborliness and community pride in a small, progressive city environment add to the city’s charm.
The City of Manassas Park is accepting applications for the position of Customer Service Representative with the Department of Parks & Recreation. The essential function of the position within the organization is to assist customers with questions, transactions and permits. Under the supervision of the Community Center Supervisor, the Customer Service Representative monitors patrons entering the building and assisting with a wide range of transactions. He/She possesses a professional and comprehensive knowledge of the principles and methods of providing top-notch customer service. The community center is open 7 days a week which requires a flexible work schedule to include: early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays. The ideal candidate is able to multi-task and is comfortable working with computers and answering phones. Bilingual a plus.
All positions at the City of Manassas Park require a customer service mindset, in accordance with the Customer Service related focus of the City.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for implementing cash control procedures, monitoring and controlling daily financial transactions.
- Answers questions about the community center and its programs.
- Counts down all drawers and balances against reports.Print various reports from CivicRec. Submits daily deposits.
- Provides a high level of customer service by greeting customers, anticipating their needs, answering questions, recommending programs and services, and resolve any concerns or complaints.
- Performs various tasks during down time such as filing, labeling, and counting flyers.
- Inform community center visitors and renters of pertinent rules. Enforces rules and policies consistently and equitably. Monitors patrons for compliance of community center rules and codes of behavior.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Ability to communicate with employees and public.
- Maintain good public relations by working cooperatively with public and other employees. Must be able to effectively communicate and interact with other employees and the public through the use of the telephone and personal contact as normally defined by the ability to see, read, talk, and hear.
- While performing duties of this class, the employee is regularly required to use oral and written communication skills; read and interpret data, information, and documents; analyze and solve problems; observe and interpret data and situations; use math and mathematical reasoning; learn and apply new skills or information; perform highly detailed work on multiple concurrent tasks; work under changing and intensive deadlines with frequent interruptions; and interact with City Officials, citizen groups, employees and others encountered in the course of work.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Ability to use personal computer, word processing software, calculator, copy and fax machine, phone, and audio-visual equipment.
Minimum Education and Training
- Requires a high school degree, or eligible equivalent, or currently enrolled in school.
- Proficient computer and phone skills. Experience with CivicRec, a plus.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish, a plus!
The City of Manassas Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Manassas Park will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
- Must be able to lift between 10-25lbs. Requires some climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, walking, lifting and repetitive motions with significant standing and walking for long periods of time.
Authorized Hiring Range: $10-$12 per hour
If you are interested in becoming a member of our team, you must complete an application form and submit it to the: City of Manassas Park, Human Resources Department, One Park Center Court, Manassas Park, VA 20111 or fax/email: 703-335-1405 / firstname.lastname@example.org
You may obtain an employment application by going to the following link:http://www.cityofmanassaspark.us/about-manassas-park/city-departments/human-resources/application-forms-and-addendums.html
This position will remain open until filled.
The City of Manassas Park is committed to ensuring diversity in its workplace, and candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.