Manassas Park is an independent jurisdiction in Northern Virginia, approximately 30 miles southwest of Washington, DC. The city borders Prince William County and the City of Manassas. Manassas Park offers citizens an established community along with the prospects of significant future residential and commercial development. The desirable living features such as neighborliness and community pride in a small, progressive city environment add to the city’s charm.
General Statement of Job
The City of Manassas Park is accepting applications for the position of IT Project Manager. The essential function of the position within the organization is to act as the primary focal point for the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) platform implementation and life cycle management of this asset and application for the City of Manassas Park. While this position reports to the Information Technology (IT) Department Head, it has direct access and accountability to the City Manager and City leadership for communicating all ERP system performance and implementation related issues. This position will become familiar with and be able to articulate the municipality’s process work flows and operational data structures and be able to support efforts to improve these business processes and assure proper data capture, mapping, integrity, and utilization in the ERP platform and related applications. This position will be responsible for ERP vendor interface for the current and new ERP platform and work with the vendor to troubleshoot and mitigate ERP platform related problems and issues. This position will act as the primary project manager of any new ERP platform implementation and will support the City staff in developing proficiency in the use of the ERP System.
All positions at the City of Manassas Park require a customer service mindset in accordance with the Customer Service related focus of the City.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
1. Manages the current implementation of the Keystone ERP system and interfaces with vendor on all system related issues, including troubleshooting and problem resolution management.
2. Oversees ERP system related program/project deliverables and utilization, representing the City stakeholders’ needs and requirements and acts as a focal point for escalation when either the City stakeholders or the ERP vendor are challenged to fulfill commitments and obligations.
3. Functions as the City’s lead in scheduling and facilitating meetings and conversations related to ERP implementation, utilization, problem identification and resolution.
4. Responsible for understanding and documenting all user expectations, processes, and inputs/outputs necessary to develop a specific functionality/outcome.
5. Responsible for regular written and oral communication on the ERP system performance, deficiencies, stakeholder use challenges, and vendor performance results.
6. Functions as the data custodian for the City with responsibility to understand and document the data capture, mapping, flows, and conversion/migration requirements and activities associated with City functions and ERP system data processing.
7. Works with the IT Department Head to assure City data is protected, stored, and recoverable in forms required by the ERP system and related applications.
8. Reviews any new business software or application under consideration by City Departments to consider impacts and implications related to the City ERP platform. Support City Manager in evaluation of other ERP platforms.
9. Serves as the technology lead for understanding the base architecture of the ERP system and any hardware, software, databases, or other infrastructure required for its successful functional operation and ongoing maintenance.
10. Supports the training and stakeholder adoption and utilization program, scripts and metrics to ensure that the ERP system is being effectively utilized and users are properly equipped to perform their respective role with the system.
11. Acts as the focal point for the City in documenting, analyzing, and facilitating the improvement of the business processes and work flows for the municipality.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
1. Excellent analytical skills – effective at working with most forms of data and databases.
2. Ability to research and compile data, conduct analysis, and provide sound recommendations to support a data driven decision making approach.
3. Familiarity with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems and applications and has working knowledge of how ERP module configurations and a data flows and has ability to translate City’s requirements to ERP vendors.
4. Conflict management and problem resolution skills – ability to identify, confront, and work through complex issues with vendors and internal stakeholders.
5. Strong interpersonal skills – effective written and verbal communicator, presenter and influencer.
6. Ability to prepare charts, graphs, and other presentation content to effectively communicate operational performance and other information to internal and external stakeholders.
7. Ability to establish effective working relationships with diverse population of functional departments around ERP system design and utilization expectations.
8. Ability to facilitate, support and reinforce internal training plans and metrics using vendor and general industry content.
9. Knowledge of basic accounting principles, rules, standards, and conventions sufficient to understand how data is organized and properly utilized in ERP platform.
10. Project management skills including ability to organize and manage tasks, deliverable milestones, project priorities, work plans, change management activities, kick off meetings, progress reports, and stakeholder interactions.
11. Ability to discover, document, and articulate work flows and business processes and facilitate efforts to improve or add new work flows and business processes.
12. Knowledge of basic information technology architecture and operations and familiarity with software application deployment and integration.
13. Ability to create and maintain system and end user documentation.
Minimum Education and Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, or other Science, along with 3+ years of business experience involving project management, ERP system implementation or administration, data management, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that provides the required knowledge, skill, and abilities.
- Previous experience with Keystone, Bright, or Tyler Munis is desired, but not required.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Virginia driver’s license.
The City of Manassas Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Manassas Park will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
1. Requires sedentary work involving standing or walking for brief periods exerting up to 10 pounds of force on a regular basis and some dexterity in operating machine, tools, or office equipment.
2. The positon is exposed to no unusual environmental hazards.
3. The position requires normal visual acuity and field of vision, hearing, speaking, color perception, depth perception, and texture perception.
Authorized hiring range: $85,000.00 - $100,000.00
If you are interested in becoming a member of our team, you must complete an application form and submit it to the City of Manassas Park, Human Resources Department, One Park Center Court, Manassas Park, VA 20111. (Resume accepted in lieu of application).
You may obtain an employment application by going to the following link:
To be considered for the current hiring process you must have your application submitted to the Human Resources Department by Friday, December 15, 2017 close of business.
The City of Manassas Park is committed to ensuring diversity in its workplace, and candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.