Our employees are a valuable asset and, even through difficult economic times, we continue to offer employees an excellent benefits package. Some of these benefits are listed below.
- Group Health – The City currently provides a choice of health insurance plans. Coverage begins the first of the month after an employee is hired. Dental and Vision coverage are also included in the plan.
- Retirement – Retirement is provided through the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Group Life Insurance – Life insurance is provided through VRS with the premium cost shared by the employee and the City.
- Short-Term Disability – Short-term disability insurance is available to employees at their cost.
- Deferred Compensation – A 457 deferred compensation plan is offered to employees as a voluntary deduction.
- Annual Leave – The City has a very generous annual leave plan.
- Sick leave, holiday observances and fitness program discounts are also provided for full time City employees